What's New for 2018?
For the very first time the CDO and VP/Heads of Data Management, Strategy & Governance audience will comprise of purely leading UK organisations! From traditional bricks and mortar players like 500 year-old Royal Mail to innovative companies like Vitality UK and giffgaff - you'll have plenty of practical insights into the data strategies that govern medium and large UK enterprises.
A recent study by SAS has revealed that nearly two-thirds (65 per cent) of UK businesses surveyed are convinced that the implementation of artificial intelligence can generate value for their business, but almost half are being held back by concerns over their organisations being ready for this leap in digitalisation. From issues surrounding llack of required skills, Return on Investment and the cost of implementing new innovative solutions, there's clearly a lot at stake. AI (and other innovative technology) implementation in the data function will be discussed at length in March 2018's CDO Exchange by expert speakers including:
- Detlef Nauck, Chief Research Scientist for Data Science at BT
- Craig Civil, Head of Data Innovation, Lloyd's of London
as well as an interesting take on what innovation really is by:
- Mark Allen, Head of Data & Cloud Governance, Capital One
Co-author of newly released "the Chief Data Officer's Playbook", Peter Jackson, will be speaking at the Exchange about Southern Water's revolutionary data transformation initiatives which include a major challenge for 70% of organisations attending the Exchange - defining where in the organisation data sits.Southern Water are merging their CTO and CDO initiatives and you're invited to be front and centre to this epic transformation!
In addition to two days of practical case studies, we will be hosting a cross-industry panel discussion with live polling - you are in control of what questions are asked! Make sure you're there to hear how the following data experts are addressing 2018's biggest data challenges:
- Catherine Brien, Data Science Director, The Co-operative
- Matthew Sawyer, Director of Data, Trainline
- Rafael Garcia-Navarro, Chief Analytics Officer UK&I, Experian
- Mark Bird, Chief Data Officer, EMEA, HSBC
- Tim Lum, Head of Data & Insight, Virgin Atlantic
- Tony Gill, Chief Data Officer , Lebara
- Eloy Sasot, Group Chief Data Officer, Sodexo